This lesson explains how to create a Timesheet from Start to Finish.
*Once you have updated job dates & fees in the placement record of the candidate, you are ready to convert the job to a Project/Assignment (since Tracker is customisable you may use different language within your database).
1. Convert Job to Project
- Click into the blue action menu at the top right of your screen, select Convert to Project
- Click Yes to convert and then open the new project record
2. Assign Tasks to Candidate
- Now that you've created a project, you will want to assign tasks to the candidate so they can schedule time against them
- Click on the Tasks & Activities tab within the project (keep in mind your tab may be labeled something different or tasks & activities may reside elsewhere)
- Click on the green Add Task button
- Add the task name, the Task Status, and make sure to add the Expected Start Date & Expected End Date (the same dates the candidate starts and ends the assignment)
- Choose whether the task is billable, and what rate the task will be billed at
- You can also add rollover time to tasks (if you want regular hours to rollover into overtime hours)
- Once you have finished entering in the task details, budget & rates, click Ok
- You can now see Regular Hours under Planning Tasks
3. Apply Tasks to Candidate
- Click into the placement record of the candidate that's on the Project Team
- Click on the Timesheets tab and check off Regular Hours
- Only check off the timesheet tasks that should be applied to this candidate
- Make sure to hit Save & Close once you've made all of the necessary changes
4. View the Candidate's Timesheet
- Click on the candidate's timesheet icon
- Now you can view what the candidate will see when they login to their timesheet portal and input an entry
- If this is the first time that you have placed a candidate, and this is their first time logging into their timesheet, there is one more step to complete!
5. Send Candidate Timesheet Welcome Email
- Open candidate record
- In this demo example, our candidate's portal information is located in the Back Office tab on their candidate record
- Please keep in mind that your candidate portal information may be located elsewhere (as all databases in Tracker are customisable)
- Make sure the 'Enter Timesheets' field is checked, so the candidate has the ability to add time
- To send an email to the candidate with their timesheet portal credentials and URL, hit the blue action button and click 'Send an Email'
- Select the email template that includes the candidate's timesheet portal login information
- Once you have sent the email, the candidate will be able to access their timesheet portal and successfully add time
#start to finish